People say that the wedding is the most important event for a bride and a groom and their respective families. It's a joyous occasion where two people are united in holy matrimony. These events are planned in great detail many months prior to the actual date. It requires a great deal of hard work. Let's see some information on the average cost of wedding flowers and what can be done to minimize it.
Flowers are one of the most important features of your wedding day. Beautiful floral arrangements can help you set the right mood for the event. It's also true that the cost of this can be as much or as little as you like. The price of the flowers depends specially on the month in which you set your wedding for e.g. if you are planning a wedding in February, the flowers will cost you more as it is the month of love. Studies claim that the average expense of a wedding in the United States ranges from USD 10,000 to USD 30,000; while the cost of the wedding and reception flowers is from USD 500 to USD 1,970.
The cost of wedding flowers is determined by various factors. These include the time of the year you are getting hitched, the availability of your florist designer, the discussion of the appropriate rate, the number of people on the guest list, the number of tables that would require centerpieces, special wedding theme if any, and the number of bouquets for the bridesmaids.
Calculating the Expenses
- Research claims that the total cost of flowers including bouquets for the bride, the bridesmaids, and boutonnières for groom and groomsmen and corsages for the mothers of the bride and groom totals about USD 700.
- The bride's bouquet costs from USD 50 to USD 150 and the bridesmaid bouquet is around USD 7 to USD 25. The corsages and boutonnières range somewhere between USD 8 to USD 30. The expense usually depends upon how many flowers are being used and how ornate the decorations are. The time of the year of the wedding, whether they are local flowers or exotic ones which are being shipped from far away. For example, the orchids are the most expensive ones which would cost around USD 300 a bouquet while a bunch of tulips made into a simple bouquet can be very reasonable which will cost you around USD 120.
- Magazines for brides offer a wide range of bouquets at discounted rates. This can help you reduce the expenditure.
Here are some tips for couples who want lovely floral arrangements for their wedding without making a huge hole in their pockets.
- Book the flowers in advance, probably six or eight months before the occasion. Opt for less expensive options like tulips and carnations. They would cost around USD 128 a bouquet while orchids can go up to USD 300 to USD 400 a bouquet.
- Check the guest list and the number of tables and get the rough figure of how many centerpieces you would like to have.
- Use only those options which are available readily. Be honest to your florist while discussing your budget.
- Give your local florist a brief idea of what you like and dislike, but allow him the option to choose the flowers which are cheap and in-season.
- Avoid holding your wedding in the months of festivities where the prices are at their peak.
- Use inexpensive options such as carnations and roses for the decoration of the altar That will reduce the expenditure. A long stem rose or carnations bouquet costs you around USD 50 which is relatively less and saves you some money.
- Book a ceremony site that is lush and green such as a park or a garden.
- Carnations and roses are one of the cheapest choices available, if you use them as a bouquet so that the blooms are highlighted, it makes them quite beautiful.
- Cheap silk bouquets are a good alternative to the real thing and you don't have to worry about them drying.
- Talk to rental suppliers who rent out large flowery plants. This can be a wise option because renting a plant is much cheaper than buying large flowers. You can use the plants for decorating the altar. Rent the plants in bulk so that you get some discount. The rent for an entire day goes around USD 10 per plant which is relatively cheaper than bouquets which cost USD 50 to USD 60.
- Consider ordering flowers from the Internet. There are many online wholesalers who can give you the best prices. You should order in bulk and avail heavy discounts, of up to 40% off on the actual price.
- Homemade bridal bouquets are a better option to save money and you can have a lovely original bouquet whenever you want.
I hope this article has provided you with useful information on determining the average cost of wedding flowers and in keeping it to the minimum. I wish you a very happy married life and lots of bliss.