Let us take a look at how to make hand-tied posies in a few simple steps:
Things You Need:
Things You Need:
- 5 stalks of Casablanca lilies
- 5 stalks of Ivory roses
- White ribbon
- Green tape
- Trim the flower stalks to the desired length. Make sure you pick both half-bloomed and fully-bloomed flowers as they look beautiful together.
- With a wire, tie all the flowers together by the stalks to make a bouquet. Also, make sure you have put enough foliage so that the bouquet does not look too empty.
- Once the wire has held the flowers in place, cover the stalks with a green tape so they are compact and neatly held.
- If the flowers are not pointing upwards, put some more foliage around the posy to hold them in center.
- Tie a ribbon around the stalk and make a lovely big bow with it. You can use any flowers with strong stalks to make these posies.
These bouquets are meant to be held over your arm so that they fall like a trail. They look very elegant and are generally preferred for bridal bouquets, but the smaller ones can also be used for the bridesmaids. You can use calla lilies, orchids, gladiolas, carnations, etc., to make overarm bouquets as they are colorful and elegant.
The colors that can be used are red, lavender, ivory, yellow, pink, and orange. You have to follow the same procedure as mentioned earlier to make these, but make sure you keep the lengths of the stalks uneven with the shorter ones in the beginning and then the longer stalks.
They are balls made of flowers and have a ribbon running through them for holding. Pomanders are made mostly with roses as they have sturdy stalks and are held together easily. You can have them in extravagant colors like red, ivory, yellow, pink, orange, black, purple, and many more.