An engagement ring reflects the perpetual love and commitment you share with your partner. The Engagement ceremony does hold a lot of importance in a woman's life. It is believed that a vein, popularly known as the love vein, runs through the third finger of the left hand leading to the heart. Well, this is probably why it is referred to as the 'ring' finger. Buying an engagement ring for your lady-love is, indeed, a task to accomplish. It is not in the least, an easy affair to execute. Well, for all those men who have planned to spend their lives with the love of their life, this article would serve to be a mini guide.
In today's day and age, in an epoch where women are no more cocooned and sheltered; it is suggested that you buy the perfect ring that makes your woman fall in love with you . . . all the more . . . all over again. After all, women are the one's responsible for keeping a man's bank balance 'liquid' most of the time! Yes, let's face it: Women are a bit fussy, especially about the band they flaunt. But worrying is not the solution to this, my friend; treading along the path carefully and tactfully, sure is!
What to Know When Buying an Engagement Ring
Here are some pointers on how to buy an engagement ring and some tips you would like to employ while you are on a mad-dash mission of buying the right ring for your sweetheart.
- First and foremost, don't just consider buying the perfect ring for your mate; in addition, consider your circumstances and the situation. The cost of the ring should be a factor looked into. Don't think that you are placing price over passion. It is a preferable choice to bestow a band that conforms to being classy, elegant, yet affordable. To do this, devising a budget is the first step. Buying a band on a budget should be calculated by considering the salary or the remuneration package that you earn, and the savings you can afford to make. This factor will fall into place when you club the salary, or the savings of two or three months, and estimate the cost you would incur to buy the engagement ring. Thus, the amount you spend should not pose any problem, as you now know the method to compute the same!
- The second, yet the most important thing that you need to know is the four C's: carat, cut, clarity, and color. The carat is the weight of the diamond. The more the carats, the bigger the stone, the bulkier the cost. Another factor to make sure you don't go wrong with your selection, is the structure, or the frame of your sweetheart. If your mate has a slim yet petite frame and has slender fingers, a four carat diamond ring would be the perfect match for her finger. The cut of the diamond is defined by the amount of light that enters the stone, its refractive ability, and the quality that you and your honey would love to see in the diamond ring. The clarity of the stone adheres to the luster and transparency that the diamond emits. The more the luster and transparency of the stone, the bigger the hole in your pocket. White diamonds have a refraction ability, and a shine and sparkle that is marvelous in nature. Thus, the more the color, the less the sparkle your woman gets to see and wear.
- You need to pay attention to the third factor and that is the certification of the diamond. You need to trust the shop and the jeweler from whom you buy, or plan to buy the engagement ring. A jeweler who holds a reputation in the society will provide you with a certificate that drafts the authenticity of the stone, the issuer of the certificate being GIA (Gemological Institute of America). Also, concentrate on the finish, and the setting of the stone.
- To save your wallet from the heartbreak it bears while parting ways with its beloved dollars seated snugly in the space provided, make an effort, wrinkle your forehead and think hard - how could you possibly manage to order for an engagement ring . . . one that would strike the eye in a chop, yet its monetary value does not scrape the sky. Why go mundane in your motives and present her a band crowned with a big solitaire at the center; instead, device a pattern for the ring that has 1 carat diamonds laced over the band. The cost-slash is unbelievable, yet the ring stuns all.
- The next major step is to decide the band of the ring. You could choose from silver, gold, white gold, or platinum. Out of the four choices, platinum is the most expensive. For this, it is required that you ascertain some idea with regards to her choice of metal. Consider the circumference of her finger, her frame, her hand size and her skin tone. If she has met you a lot many times flashing gold jewelry, or has mentioned 'just by the way' about her choice being platinum jewelry while sipping coffee, then your work gets a lot easier. However, if you still haven't been able to discover her metal inclination; eventually, you will. Women are 'not much' of a mystery to unravel, after all!
- You may even consider customizing the ring. Formulating the design and the look of the ring is what customizing is all about.
- Another very tricky element for a man is to know his woman well. Yes, this is, indeed, the bottom-line. You need to pay attention to the finer details - her body language, her style of dressing, her jewelry, her perspective on different topics, her beliefs, and thoughts that run through her mind. It would make you all the more confident in your endeavor of buying an engagement band.
An engagement ring is a priceless possession for a woman, make it even more memorable by surprising her . . . filling her heart with joy and ecstasy. With these tips, your quest to present the perfect ring shouldn't be a worrisome task.