Whether it's an indoor wedding or an outdoor one, getting married under a bridal arch or canopy is every couple's dream. What could be better than standing under a beautiful arch while saying your vows and sharing a kiss. Today, a variety of options are available to decorate the arch in unique ways. One can use different materials and colors for decoration to coordinate the arch with the overall theme of the wedding. You can add a personal touch to the arch by including things which signify something to you both as a couple.
The beach theme is very popular and nothing can be better than having an arch that perfectly suits this setup. Sand, bottles, shells, are some creative things that add to the decoration and the setting. Add some ribbons and tropical flowers that will give a romantic touch. For a beach wedding you need to consider the possibility of a sudden gust of wind. In this case, look for a sturdy arch and accessorize it with elements that can be secured tightly.
For a garden wedding, flowers would be the most preferred option. Lots of fresh flowers, ivy, organza, and ribbons coupled with some climbers help add to the look. You can even try to add some texture to the arch by attaching branches or vines, or opt for beautifully-decorated bouquets. When decorating an arch for a garden wedding, experimenting with colors is the key. You can opt for the traditional white organza and colorful flowers or try other color combinations.
An indoor wedding allows one to experiment with unconventional arches. Balloons are a great option to use for banquet weddings, where you can try various color combinations. Today, a variety of ready-made and creative flower decorations are available which can be added to the arch. For an indoor wedding, intricate and heavy detailing can be used. Heavy fabric can be draped artistically around the arch and one is not restricted to use only light materials like organza.
Personalizing and planning decorative arches can be a fun affair and can give you the satisfaction of having a unique piece, which is not something that is commonly seen at most weddings. Decorating it gives you the freedom to have the wedding you have in mind. Certain things need to be taken into consideration.
- The location of the wedding is the deciding factor. Think about the climate while decorating, in order to suit the mood of that particular season.
- The theme of the wedding must be taken into consideration. Depending on the theme, different materials and colors can be added as a part of the decoration.
- Today, experimentation is key to good decoration. You can also opt for pretty lamps and lights. Another cool option is to put up a banner with meaningful words like 'Just Hitched' or 'Mr. and Mrs.' or even 'Happily Ever After'!
- You can also place interesting showpieces around the archway. If you both love art or enjoy reading, then having a creative statue or a stack of books on a table is a good idea.
- Another really beautiful idea for a romantic touch to an evening wedding is to place candles around the aisle.
- If you have a creative streak, you can also make something awesome out of paper and add it as a part of the decoration.
- You might need to seek help from professionals as well as family members, at times while decorating wedding arches. Begin your planning in advance, as this will help you to get things streamlined by the time your wedding date arrives.