A wedding is the most important day in a person's life which he/she is going to cherish forever. After the wedding dress, the most important aspect of a wedding is the decor for the wedding reception. You want everything to be perfect and wedding centerpieces is one such thing that is non-negotiable.
Ideas for Wedding Reception Centerpieces on a Budget
A wedding reception table will look incomplete without some stunning wedding centerpieces. Traditionally, flowers are used but they can add up to a lot of expenses. So for some great wedding centerpiece ideas on a budget, you can skip the costly flowers and opt for more cost-effective centerpieces instead.
Candles are a great idea for wedding centerpieces. Just arrange some decorative candles in varying height and differnt colours. Group them in clusters on a small tray, decorate the tray with satin ribbons around its edge and fill it up with glass pebbles or polished stones.
Looking for homemade wedding centerpiece ideas? You can use floating candles and place it inside a goldfish bowl filled with colored water. Then you can add a few glass beads, seashells or flower petals inside the goldfish bowl for a sensational look.
Another good inexpensive wedding centerpiece idea is to place floating candles or tea light candles inside a wine glass and tie a colorful satin ribbon on its stem. Avoid using scented candles during a wedding reception as this could not go with the food and wine served.
Just because flowers are expensive doesn't mean that you cannot use them as centerpieces. While looking for wedding centerpieces on a budget, you need to choose inexpensive and garden variety flowers like fresh Gerbera daisies, rosea and chrysanthemums.
They can be clustered together in old pickle jars or biscuit and tea tins that has been washed and dried. For a more homely but pretty look just place some mauve and pink rose blooms inside a sugar bowl for a very stunning effect.
If you like simple wedding centerpieces and are a fan of minimalism then just purchase some hardy but exotic blooms like calla lilies, birds of paradise and anthuriums and place just two or three blooms in a long antique vase.
Another trick to make inexpensive blooms look classy is to purchase some square long glass tumblers, fill it with water and submerge a single bloom in each tumblers. When such bloom filled tumblers are placed strategically in the reception hall, it can look more beautiful than any huge centerpiece.
Who said that you can only stick to flowers for making a wedding centerpiece on a budget. Take full advantage of fresh fruits and vegetables to make unique wedding table centerpieces for less.
The trick here is to find the perfect fruit or vegetable that is not only aesthetically appealing but also suits the color of the fruits and vegetables. Another excellent idea is to purchase a couple of limes and pears and place them in a glass bowl or a terracotta bowl, along with white roses. You can also use vegetables like artichokes and asparagus.
Unique and Inexpensive Wedding Centerpiece Ideas
You do not need to bust a bank to create stunning wedding centerpieces. With some unique ideas, you can create centerpieces that will wow you guests.
● Now if you absolutely adore fresh flower centerpieces, but your budget won't allow you such indulgences, then the best solution is to invest in silk flowers. There are many varieties of silk flowers available and they look as good if not better than the real thing and they are an elegant wedding centerpieces.
● If you are a true blue environmentalist who loves floral centerpieces but hate to see the blooms going to waste after the wedding, purchase potted plants instead. You can buy delicate blooms from grocery stores or greenhouses and re-pot them in attractive containers.
● Another great idea is to use luscious tomatoes with red and yellow bell peppers arranged in a glass bowl. You can use any number of fruits and vegetables as inexpensive wedding centerpieces to liven up your table.
● If you are looking for some really wacky centerpiece ideas on a budget, then you can't go wrong with a floating centerpiece. Purchase some rice paper star lanterns and spruce them up by decorating them with glitter and tying them with a fishing wire. Make sure that the height of each star is not the same and then hang it in clusters over the tables.
● Want another great wedding centerpiece ideas that you won't have to bust the bank for? Make an unusual but totally funky vase by cutting open the top of a pumpkin. Scoop out the seeds and flesh with a spoon and then arrange roses, daffodils, ranunculuses, calla lilies, tulips, and hypericum berries in shades of yellow, peach and orange.
With a bit of creativity and ingenuity you can make very beautiful centerpieces for your wedding without spending a ton of money. Do not hesitate to take the help of your friends for making wedding centerpieces. With a little effort you can have a truly unique wedding centerpiece.