Wedding flowers are one of the most crucial arrangements that need to be made well in advance. They have to be perfect in terms of blending well with the theme and location of the wedding. Another important thing is their availability in the given season. The season can have a huge impact on the expenses when it comes to choosing flowers. So, whether it's summer or winter, here is a list that will give you an idea on which ones to go for.
You could also make a choice by color in this season, as a variety of colorful flowers blossom during this time of the year.
- Anemone: These are very delicate and available in various colors, such as pink, blue, red, and white. These are available from January to May.
- Bells of Ireland: These are green in color and blend well with white flowers. They make bouquets look more elegant.
- Aster: These look like daisies and have upright stems.
- Cherry Blossom: These are lovely, delicate, and light pink in color. They would represent a blushing bride, perfect for weddings.
- Chrysanthemums: These are large and are available in a variety of colors. They are considered to be the representatives of joy and laughter.
- Peonies: These are traditionally used in many weddings, and are available in pink and white colors.
- Tulips: These are our personal favorite. Their upright stems and variety of vibrant colors make them a popular choice.
Many flowers from the spring section are available in summer. Here is a list of other popular summer blooms that you could choose from.
- Alchemilla: These are with small green and yellow flowers.
- Freesia: These are small in size but they look quite exquisite when made into a bouquet along with roses.
- Lilies (Asiatic and oriental): These require no description, as they are everyone's favorite and available in a lot of colors.
- Snapdragons: They are available in a lot of colors, but the pink snapdragons are perfect for a wedding.
- Tuberose: These flowers with green fillers make a very beautiful bouquet.
- Zinnia: These are small and available in different colors, such as red, orange, and pink.
This season may have limited options, but with creative arrangements you could make nice bouquets.
- Gladiolus: These are traditionally used and available in a range of colors.
- Marigold: These can make for a perfect fall wedding with their golden color complementing the theme of the season.
- Roses: These are available in various colors and are available throughout the year.
Most of us have the misconception that winter would give us a limited choice of flowers. However, this is not true. There are many that you could choose from for a winter ceremony.
- Amaryllis: These are available in red and white and make exquisite bouquets without much fuss of arrangements.
- Forget-Me-Not: These are one of the best blue flowers for weddings and look absolutely gorgeous.
Choosing wedding flowers according to season is an easy and a hassle-free option. Even though the options available may be limited, they would be pocket friendly for sure. One last thing to remember is that, no matter what season it is, the season of love is eternal which will add to the beauty.