You found the perfect card to send the happy couple, but are now wondering what to write in it. If you are at loss of words or can’t figure out what to write in a wedding card, then the following article can be of some help…
Wedding cards are generally given in order to congratulate the soon-to-be newlyweds and covey helpful advice for their blossoming future. However, many people find writing wedding wishes tough and complicated. The space becomes much more wide, with no words wanting to imprint on. Right from the steps of purchasing a meaningful card to writing personal, heartfelt words that express your feelings about love and marriage can be a hassle-free process. You don’t have to worry about what to write in a wedding card and spend your time finding the right words. All you have to do is follow the guidelines which we will talk about in this article and see how that works out for you. We are here to help you get out of this dilemma and find the words that will do justice to your thoughts.
Make a Personalized Card
First and foremost, your choice of words will depend on whose wedding it is. Is he/she a friend, cousin, sister, brother, uncle, aunt, or someone close to you? Do you know the couple intimately or do you not share a very close relationship? According to your relationship with this individual or couple, you can frame a proper message and write it in the card. The relationship you have with the couple or simply one of them, will decide if the message needs to be extremely heartfelt, personal, funny, witty, or formal. But remember, if you know only the bride or the groom, that doesn’t mean the wedding wishes will go to just one of them. You have to address it to the couple, together.
So without wasting any more time, let’s get to some examples of messages which you can add in your card. You can customize them as per your choice and make them sound more like you (as in, your own words). Let these messages be a source of inspiration for you to wish the happy couple.
- I wish you the best of times in your marriage. I have complete confidence that you two are a blessing to one another and also to those you meet along this journey.
- I wish that your love blooms brighter and your marriage grows sweeter by each passing day. Congratulations on your wedding!
- Your marriage is an example of true love and a special bond that our creator has shown us. I am really glad to be a small part of your wedding day. Looking forward to seeing you both.
- The wedding day will come and go, but your love will stay on forever. Congratulations to the perfect couple! Wishing you both a world of happiness.
- My heartiest congratulations to a beautiful couple. Wishing you both a wonderful journey ahead as you make your bond stronger than ever.
- Congratulations and thank you for letting me and my family be a part of your joyous day. May your marriage bring you more joy than anyone can ever imagine.
- May all your days be as joyous and happy as the day of your wedding. Congratulations to the beautiful couple!
Here are a couple of samples on how a wedding congratulatory card can be like. You can either take any of the messages mentioned in this article or come up with something on your own.
A toast to love, laughter, commitment and a “Happily Ever After”!
A happy marriage is a long conversation that always seems too short.
May this day, tomorrow, and many many more to come, bring you two the world of happiness.
Emily and Taylor Harris
Marriage is not a simple love affair, it’s an ordeal, and the ordeal is the sacrifice of ego to a relationship in which two have become one.
Wishing you luck, love and happiness that lasts forever!
The Henderson Family
How to Wish the Happy Couple If Not Attending the Ceremony
The main idea behind writing wedding messages is to let the couple know how happy you are of their union. Marriage is a wonderful bond and when you have so many loved ones to share it with, nothing beats it. But at times, there may be some unforeseen circumstance, prior engagements, an emergency, or travel inconvenience that might keep you from attending the wedding. In such cases, you would want to send your message to the couple.
You can do so without getting tensed or confused. Take a look at the following tips and guidelines to ease the process.
- Write any of the ‘congratulations’ examples given above and sincerely apologize for not attending the wedding.
- Add a poem or wedding quote on love at the beginning or end of your card.
- If it’s appropriate to your relationship with the couple, add a lighthearted humor to your message.
- Write your personal thoughts and/or advice on love and see how it can apply to the soon-to-be newlyweds.
- Wish them a bright future and happiness.
- If it’s appropriate for your relationship with the couple, propose a meeting with them to view their wedding photographs after the honeymoon is over.
- Invite the couple for dinner and drinks at your place so you can catch up and personally apologize for not being able to make it to the wedding.
If you want to send your wedding messages before the actual wedding date, you can mention how happy you are to have been able to help them out. If the wedding card is being mailed after the wedding, add a short note about how wonderful the reception party was, how delicious the food was, or about any other aspects of the wedding. The main point here is, you just want the couple to know that they both mean some much to you and their marriage is a beautiful union. When you think through from your heart and not put too much stress on the words, you will feel more at ease in expressing yourself.