How Much Do Boutonnieres Cost
On an average, cost of boutonnieres is between USD 5 to USD 40. The cost differs depending on the variety of flower used, the arrangement, and whether the flowers are real or artificial.
- Inexpensive fresh flowers: USD 5 onwards
- Moderately expensive fresh flowers: USD 10 - 16
- Expensive fresh flowers: USD 16 - 40
- Artificial flowers: USD 2 - 25
It is cheaper to use flowers like carnations and daisies which are also the flowers that are traditionally used in boutonnieres. Roses are a popular choice with many men but they tend to be slightly more expensive. If your budget allows for it, you could also opt for flowers like calla lilies, tulips, orchids, etc.
Factors that Affect Pricing
The price of boutonnieres will differ from shop to shop and city to city. There are several factors that affect the cost.
Season and Location
Flowers are seasonal. If you decide to opt for a flower that is not in season at that given time, then chances are that the cost will rise significantly. Prices also rise around occasions like Valentine's Day when the demand goes up. If the flowers are grown locally, then they will be available to you cheaper than those flowers that are bought elsewhere.
Varieties and Quantities
The type of flower that you choose will also greatly influence the pricing of the boutonniere. If the flower is exotic and limited in its availability, then the cost is bound to be higher. Also if your order is for a large number of boutonnieres then you may be able to get them cheaper.
Styles and Designs
A simple design will cost you a lot less than a more elaborate composition that will require the florist to devote a lot of time and expertise.
How to Save Money
There are several tiny things that you can do in order to save money on boutonnieres.
- Look out for special offers that websites and local florists have. Many florists offer the groom's boutonniere free of charge with a minimum order.
- As far as possible, try to use a local florist. This will save on cost of shipping. Many websites like MyWedding and The Knot offer locator services for city florists. FTD takes online orders and sends them through an affiliated florist situated locally.
- If you have the time and the inclination, it may be a good idea to make your own boutonnieres. You may end up saving a lot of money.
- Try and place the order for the flowers as early as possible as you may be able to take advantage of an early bird offer.
- Always try and pick flowers that are in season as this will cut down the price drastically.
This should help you decide what type of a boutonniere you want to order. Whether they are bought or made, boutonnieres are definitely going to be great accessories that men can adorn themselves with.