A wedding is one of the most beautiful moments we live in our lives. A day when we start a new life altogether, with someone we love more than any other. Your entire world comes to bless you on the day of your wedding. Quite a special day indeed, isn't it? It is said that a bride and an expecting mother are two of the best physical forms of a woman. Beauty personified. On this day, it's natural that you would want to look your best, as beautiful as you have actually been made.
Then of course, you would want to look nice and slender in that gown, specially while walking down that aisle, when every single eye would be watching only you. This article will tell you how you can look thin and your beautiful best in your wedding gown, on your wedding day. Mentioned below are a few tips you would have to follow, in order to achieve your goal. The earlier you start implementing these tips, the better they will work out for you!
What it Takes to Look Thin on Your Wedding Day...
The following tips will cover a lot of problem areas that might lead to you looking fat on your wedding day. These may include some tips related to your health as well, so don't get confused. As I mentioned before, you don't only have to look slim, you need to look beautiful too, isn't it?
- Before you even choose the wedding dress you want to wear, take some time and study your body type. Try to recognize all the problem areas that need to be worked upon. Even on your face, see if there is something that can be improved. Something as simple as the shape of your eyebrow.
- If you have a lot of time on your hands, hit the gym as soon as possible and tell the instructor about the areas you need to work upon. Start working out and also consult a dietitian, to reduce weight the right way. Don't compromise on the food you eat as this is going to make you look healthy.
- Now, consult a designer regarding your wedding dress. The reason you need an expert to help you out is because this is your wedding, and you need to have the very best. Let's just agree that the designer knows more about wedding dress styles than you do. Your suggestions are always going to be welcome.
- The way you look in your gown depends solely on the way it's fitted on you. Since the designer will help you with the design, you have to only find a good seamstress now. Choosing the right one can make a whole lot of a difference. A good seamstress will do justice to the gown for your body.
- If you are not hiring a designer and if you are choosing the gown on your own, make sure you don't pick up a gown that has any horizontal patterns. Opting for vertical patterns will make you look thin almost immediately. A vertical shape and pattern will give you a longer silhouette.
- Another tip you need to remember is that white isn't a color that would make you look slimmer, like how black does. White will enhance your figure even more. For this very reason, avoid covering your problem areas with fabric. If you want to look slim, make sure your problem areas are left open.
- A plain wedding dress might make you look fat. Sometimes, the fat on your body is completely not toned. At such times, whatever you do, your gown is going to get an uneven fall. The best solution to this is ruching to create ruffles or petals in the dress which is more effective if done diagonally. It makes you look thin and it DOES NOT add to lines on your waist if done properly. Hence, the good seamstress again.
- When we talk about hiding the problem areas, we must also talk about enhancing the assets, isn't it? If you have a good bust and waistline, go for a corseted gown style. If you have a good curved hip area, go for a shorter wedding gown to enhance that area even more.
- If you are fatter on the hips, go for a A-line skirt for the bottom of your wedding dress. This way, your figure will get a slimming down effect. If you plan to wear a puffed up skirt to hide those hips, they are only going to look more prominent. The tip is to avoid extra fabric on extra fat. If you have a fatter waist and small hips, just reverse the tip.
- Last but not the least, choose your jewelry properly. If you have a short neck with fat around it, make it look longer with long earrings. Dangling earrings can make your neck look longer. Similarly, choose extremely delicate a necklace and also a long one. A necklace that is close to your neck will make your neck look short and fat.
You need to avoid getting stressed completely before and during your wedding. Sleepless nights and scattered eating habits will make you look ill when you least want to. A good massage or two before your wedding and some meditation can do wonders to your entire look. Remember to sit and stand straight every single minute you are in that gown. Follow these tips and you'll look as beautiful as you ever did. Don't forget to keep the makeup a bare minimum on the cheeks.